At Noosa GP, you can make an appointment for skin cancer checks. Biopsies and incisions are performed at the practice. Noosa GP will provide you with a link to dermatologists and plastic surgeons, as required.
For more information, please discuss with your GP.
Be Sun Smart. Prevention is better than cure.
Protect your family and yourself from ultraviolet radiation by doing the following:
- Slip on sun-protective clothing that covers as much of your body as possible.
- Slop on sunscreen. Use SPF30+ and reapply every two hours.
- Slap on a hat that’s broad-brimmed to shade your face, neck and ears.
- Seek shade.
- Slide on sunglasses that are wrap-around.
- Avoid going outside unprotected between 10am and 3pm.
- Remember that sunbeds and solaria also emit ultraviolet radiation.
For further information, please visit the National Skin Cancer Awareness Campaign Website.